OUR 2023 FESTIVALS
Festivals for Survivors who are members of the IslandBreastStrokers FOR 2023
- Gorge Sprints – May 7, 2023
- Concord Pacific – June 24-25, 2023
- Nanaimo Dragon Boat Festival – July 8-9, 2023
- Victoria Festival – August 12-13, 2023
- Comox festival – September 16, 2023
FUNDRAISING -Here are our activities for 2023
- Birthday Party – All October to March Birthdays were celebrated at Langford Lanes bowling in 2023. A good time was had by all. April to September birthdays in the summer. Everyone celebrates everyone’s birthday. …but only those with a birthday get a candle!!!LOL
- Easter Egg Games – After practice …will you have the best egg??
- Halloween paddle – October 28 – A fun paddle in our wildest costumes.
- Christmas Party December 9th- Yummy food and great games!!
- And really if you think about it …every practice, every festival. every fundraiser, every volunteer opportunity is ohhhh sooo much fun!!
- Want more info? …send us an email.
Possible TeamActivities–FOR 2024 promote breast cancer awareness by volunteering at or participating in other activities or fundraisers
- March – Women’s Expo @ Pearkes Arena
- March – Support VI Paddling with the bake table at their Dry Heaves competition
- IronMan Victoria 2023 volunteering at their registration table
- October Run for the Cure @ UVIC
Want to be part of this fun group? Go to ourJoin UsPage for details
Fundraising w. BC CancerFoundation– we have raised over 35,000 since 2008 for them. Our Support through fundraising and volunteering was acknowledged at our Dinner auction on April 18, 2015 as the Island Breaststrokers team was presented with a plaque from Debbie Walsh of BCCF. Go to their website www.bccancerfoundation.com Fundraising w. Canadian Cancer Foundation- CBCF RUN FOR THE CURE –