OUR FESTIVALS PLANNED FOR 2019
On Water TeamActivities
email the team anytime to learn more and come out for a practice.
Festivals for Survivors who are members of the IslandBreastStrokers FOR 2019
- May 26 ~ Gorge Sprints
- June 15 ~ 2019 Gorge Festival Dragon Boat Championship
- July 5-7 ~ Nanaimo Dragon Boat Festival
- August 10-11 ~ Victoria Festival
FUNDRAISING -Here are our plans for 2019.
- Volunteer opportunities …send us an email.
- Run the concession @ Pearkes Arena from March 26 – March 30, 2018 for the Victoria Playmakers Tournament.
- An ongoing bottle drive – bottles to donate?? . send us an email. for pick up
- Using your Island Breaststrokers Thrifty’s Smile Card.
- Birthday Party – For everyone celebrating birthdays from Oct 1 – Mar 31 we went bowling on January 20 – soooo much fun. Lots of prizes. For April to Sept birthdays we will celebrate on June 23 @ Elizabeth’s
- Christmas Party - can we plan now for Christmas 2019?? Maybe we’ll wait and keep you informed.
- And really if you think about it …every practice, every festival. every fundraiser, every volunteer opportunity is ohhhh sooo much fun!!
- Want more info? …send us an email.
TeamActivities-FOR 2019 promote breastcancer awareness by volunteering at or participating in other activities or fundraisers
- Victoria Royals Pink in the Rink Feb 23
- Women’s Expo March 2-3 @ Pearkes Arena
- Run for the Cure Oct ? @ UVIC
Go to ourJoin UsPage for details
Fundraising w. BC CancerFoundation- we have raised over 35,000 since 2008 for them. Our Support through fundraising and volunteering was acknowledged at our Dinner auction on April 18, 2015 as the Island Breaststrokers team was presented with a plaque from Debbie Walsh of BCCF. Go to their website www.bccancerfoundation.com Fundraising w. Canadian Cancer Foundation- CBCF RUN FOR THE CURE -