OUR 2020 FESTIVALS
On Water TeamActivities
email the team anytime to learn more and come out for a practice.
Festivals for Survivors who are members of the IslandBreastStrokers FOR 2020
- May 24 ~ Gorge Sprints
- June 13~ 2019 Gorge Festival Dragon Boat Championship
- July 10-12 ~ Nanaimo Dragon Boat Festival
- August 7-9~ Victoria Festival
FUNDRAISING -Here are our plans for 2020
- Volunteer opportunities …send us an email.
- Run the concession @ Pearkes Arena Victoria Playmakers Tournament. Mar 24-28 And what fun that is.
- Buy tickets for our Quilt raffle …send us an email.
- Garage Sale – watch for a May date
- Apple Pie making – Fall
- An ongoing bottle drive – bottles to donate?? . send us an email. for pick up
- Using your Island Breaststrokers Thrifty’s Smile Card.
- Birthday Party - Apr. – Sept. Birthdays to celebrate at Elizabeth’s.
- Easter Egg Games - After practice …will you have the best egg??
- And really if you think about it …every practice, every festival. every fundraiser, every volunteer opportunity is ohhhh sooo much fun!!
- Want more info? …send us an email.
TeamActivities-FOR 2020 promote breastcancer awareness by volunteering at or participating in other activities or fundraisers
- Victoria Royals Pink in the Rink Feb 22
- Women’s Expo March 7-8 @ Pearkes Arena
- Run for the Cure Oct 4 @ UVIC
Go to ourJoin UsPage for details
Fundraising w. BC CancerFoundation- we have raised over 35,000 since 2008 for them. Our Support through fundraising and volunteering was acknowledged at our Dinner auction on April 18, 2015 as the Island Breaststrokers team was presented with a plaque from Debbie Walsh of BCCF. Go to their website www.bccancerfoundation.com Fundraising w. Canadian Cancer Foundation- CBCF RUN FOR THE CURE -