OUR PLANS FOR 2017
On Water TeamActivities
email the team anytime to learn more and come out for a practice.
- Festivals for Survivors who are members of the IslandBreastStrokers FOR 2017
- May 28 ~ Gorge Sprints -well done team – loving silver:)
- July 7-9 ~ Nanaimo Festival
- August 12 ~ Gorge Festival
- August 18-20 ~ Victoria Festival
WITH A FESTIVAL IN FLORENCE ITALY IN 2018!!!
FUNDRAISING -Here are our plans for 2017.
- Volunteer opportunities …send us an email.
- Pub Night and Auction Sunday May 7 @ Heron Rock Bistro.
- Running the concession @ Pearkes Arena from March 28 – April 3, 2017 for the Victoria Playmakers Tournament.
- A bottle drive – every week we bring bottles to practice …it all adds up to get us to Florence in 2018
- Birthday Party – For everyone celebrating birthdays from Oct 1 – Mar 31 we went bowling in February – soooo much fun. For April to Sept birthdays we will celebrate on July 1.
- Christmas Party - looking for suggestions. Never too early to plan a party is it??
- And really if you think about it …every practice, every festival. every fundraiser, every volunteer opportunity is ohhhh sooo much fun!!
- Want more info? …send us an email.
TeamActivities- FOR 2017 promote breastcancer awareness by volunteering at or participating in other activities or fundraisers
- Victoria Royals Pink in the Rink Feb 25
- Women’s Expo March 25 & 26 @ Pearkes Arena
- Run for the Cure October 1 @ UVIC
- Jingle Mingle December @ the Empress
- Go to ourJoin UsPage for details
- Fundraising w. BC CancerFoundation-
- we have raised over 35,000 since 2008 for them. Our Support through fundraising and volunteering was acknowledged at our Dinner auction on April 18, 2015 as the Island Breaststrokers team was presented with a plaque from Debbie Walsh of BCCF.
Go to their website www.bccancerfoundation.com
- Fundraising w. Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation-
- CBCF RUN FOR THE CURE – Sunday October 1, 2017